Thursday, July 12, 2012

Warming a house

I'm not a huge fan of showing up to a house warming party with a bottle of wine or flowers. I feel like those two gifts scream, "I do not know you at all." I mean, come on, it's not Valentine's Day. I suppose a bottle of wine might be appropriate if your neighbor just built a wine cellar. But, actually, not really, because then your gift screams, "I'm really not creative." I have some ideas, which I'll share in another blog post, perhaps. Let's be real, how many times do you find yourself in that situation. Anyway, I digress. 

A great alternative to flowers that will wither away in 4 days is a air plant pod from Sea & Asters. Write a personalized message on the chalk pot, which can serve as both your gift and card. 
And for the more practical gift giver, how about a custom address stamp? I love the wide and artsy selection from foryoo

Have fun warming the hearts and homes of your family and friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment