Sunday, December 2, 2012

Poser

It's not a flattering term when it comes to describing people. But when it comes to gifts, I find it magical. Check out this clutch from Kate Spade. It looks like a book, but it's a purse! You can look studious and stylish at the same time (and have a permanent conversation starter). Kate Spade offers a "library" of different styles, but my favorite is The Great Gatsby, for it's design and colors and for the mere fact that I like the book. What better way to say "I remember your favorite book" in a stylish way? If Kate made a Marcel Proust one, I'd personally gift myself this $325 item, but for now, that will be my excuse. 

3 comments:

  1. I love these poser clutches. It all got started with the Travel Magazine clutch. Now I have the Wordsmith Dictionary clutch and the Great Expectations book clutch is on its way. The dictionary is nicely done, I did a post showing its extraordinary details. Great Expectations was on a really good sale for Black Friday weekend so that was my excuse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Expectations one is another great one. I love the pictures on your dictionary one. I actually thought of you when I was writing about this. And wondered if you had seen them on her site. Looks like you're way ahead of me! Let me know if you see a great sale, and I might just have to start building my "library" :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably know the Wordsmith Dictionary is on sale for $250. It's still a lot for a fun clutch but considering it's of leather as compared to tyvek (Travel Magazine) or laminated silk (the other book clutches), some would consider it worthwhile. I will be sure to tell you if a good deal comes up. I didn't know you were a fellow bookie or I'd have told you about the Black Friday sale.

    ReplyDelete