Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gift pairing


I was inspired. So, I thought I’d spotlight this gift idea from my boyfriend’s mom, Karen. She bought a pair of sandals, but not just any pair. I have to say that I never thought shoe innovation would come in this form. No, it’s not new vegan shoe material; no, it’s not shock absorption technology from Nike; and, no, it’s not enhanced light technology from LA Gear (ps. I was obsessed with those shoes when I was little, and my Mom refused to buy me a pair—probably to protect her sanity). Instead, it’s innovation in a pretty basic form. Sandals are casual, and are often associated with nice weather and summer. So, why not add a bottle opener to the sole? It makes perfect sense…

Let’s be real, not really. But looking past this, I admire the novelty of the gift, and, more importantly, I’m inspired by the way Karen presented the pair of flip flops. With beer, naturally! I like when presents go hand-in-hand, when a gift giver shows the recipient how to enjoy a present. I think that shows thoughtfulness.  

I hope to feature more gift ideas from others who inspire me. So, share and send your ideas my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment